52 replies to this topic

#1 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

FRAUDULENT CANCER PATIENT!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:15 PM

Hey guy's for the last three days now I have begun seeing all of these brownish orange tiny spots that cover a few of the upper fan leaves. The backside of the leaf looks like tiny white specs. It's not bugs or parasites as I examined them under my magnifying glass and they are spots. I cant figure this out and it is clear it is progressing I just dont know how much damage has been done. I feed 1tsp of Schultz Bloom plus and 1 tsp of epsom salt (for my R/O water) and 1/2 tablespoon of unsulphered Molasses in each gallon and water just till it begins to drip out of the bottoms of the containers. I dont get it and I really am stuck and scared about this. Thanks and Peace. Med Oh by the way my climate is 79degrees and 36% Humidity just so ya know. If you do know what it is is there any household products that could help as I am not in very good shape to run out and grab somethin and the nearest garden supply is over 100miles. HELP????????

Attached Files

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

Hi MC

they look like nute burn to me (but I almost always guess that...and it's almost always correct)

I went to the standard Plant Abuse Chart and Photos by Nietzsche but could not find anything definitive

I'll keep looking and maybe someone else will know for sure.

Don't do anything right away...but a simple flush may help if it's nute burn or ph fluctuation.

are the white spots underneath corresponding to the yellow spots? or in different places?
  • medicinecloset likes this

#3 blackpantherparty

blackpantherparty

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:49 PM

Do you mist your plants? Because if you are misting and the lights are too close the water droplets act like little magnifying glasses and will make burns like that on your leaves. Other than that I can't think of anything that would make it look like that.

#4 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:55 PM

Heya guy's maybe this pic will show ya abit better???
Thanks again and Peace,
Med

Attached Files

#5 Hatch

Hatch

*Budmiester*tric~picr~EXTRAORDINAIRE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:56 PM

Have You Checked For Spider Mites?

#6 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

do you use ozone in there by any chance?

#7 Hatch

Hatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

Let's See The Bottom Of The Leaf.

#8 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

lol, lets try this again.

i'm afraid i can't help you directly but, if you scroll down through this thread,
you should find what you are looking for. that is if you didn't find it in the thread
posted by scott.

anyway, Stitch really knows her stuff, she has at least one book out on cannabis
related problems ranging froms diseases to pests and deficiencies.

The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!
  • blackpantherparty likes this

#9 blackpantherparty

blackpantherparty

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:59 PM

It's definately not the water now that I see the better picture. You can tell that it's something the plant is taking in because all the spots are located really close to the veins in the leaf. You may want to try flushing out the plant man, that's got my vote at the moment.

#10 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:02 PM

No Spider Mites in this here Garden hatch. I dunno i'm at a complete loss here. The backside of the leaves have these tiny white specs with a super tiny almost burn color ring around the white spots??? No I do not spray foliarly in this HID closet. Dammit 3 weeks to go! Sorry guy's I am just worried sick as hell over this stuff but it isnt affecting growth at least as far as I can tell but I dont know.
Lemme know maybe I created some new sickness or somethin.LOL whatever it is I am sure there has got to be a way of saving these some way we just have to find it.Thank you all again for your awesome help and support.
Love and Peace,
Med

#11 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:03 PM

do you use ozone in there by any chance?

Nope. No Ozone

#12 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

I am assuming you are sure they are not spider mites MC....after looking and thinking I am pretty sure it's nute burn still....as long as those white spots underneath match up with the yellow spots. if that is it you can water without nutes or even flush could be the mist as bpp said....you know what to do about that. can you take a pic of the underside...I want to help you get this figured out ASAP...not because it will tank your crop in a few hours...but because we all know how frustrating it can be to have an undiagnosed problem.

#13 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:09 PM

I am assuming you are sure they are not spider mites MC....after looking and thinking I am pretty sure it's nute burn still....as long as those white spots underneath match up with the yellow spots.
if that is it you can water without nutes or even flush

could be the mist as bpp said....you know what to do about that.

can you take a pic of the underside...I want to help you get this figured out ASAP...not because it will tank your crop in a few hours...but because we all know how frustrating it can be to have an undiagnosed problem.

Ok gotcha and geez thank you so much for helping with this. I need ta relax and stop freaking out here. It's kinda hard to get a pic of the underside because of the light but I will try again. Yes it looks as if the spots match the white spots on the undersides but I am gonna look again. I will try right quick to maybe pull it out in regular light and get a pic. Wanna be carefull as it's cramped and they are full of resin glands I really dont want to explode. Lemme try and get a pic for you guys.
Thanks again scott,
Med

#14 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:11 PM

The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

This is a great thread, better than the one I posted...do you know stitch personally....she sure knows her stuff!

#15 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:11 PM

Ok gotcha and geez thank you so much for helping with this. I need ta relax and stop freaking out here. It's kinda hard to get a pic of the underside because of the light but I will try again. Yes it looks as if the spots match the white spots on the undersides but I am gonna look again. I will try right quick to maybe pull it out in regular light and get a pic. Wanna be carefull as it's cramped and they are full of resin glands I really dont want to explode. Lemme try and get a pic for you guys.
Thanks again scott,
Med

you might just want to cut one of the afflicted leaves in half so you can remove
it to a place where you can take a shot of the underside.

#16 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:16 PM

One more thought MC you are using shultz bloom and epsom salts...so no nitrogen at all right? so one more guess is a simple lack of nitrogen....is there any nitrogen in the soil? was it slow release nutes in a potting soil? the nitrogen could be used up how far are you into flower? doen't look like the normal die back of fan leaves durring flower to me

#17 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:16 PM

This is a great thread, better than the one I posted...do you know stitch personally....she sure knows her stuff!

unfortunately no, but she is an active member over at ICMag which is how
i came to know about her.

i was so impressed i went to Borders books and bought a copy of her book,
unfortunately, i can't look anything up for MC because i've already packed it!

that's why i posted that link 'cause she really does know her stuff!

#18 Hatch

Hatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

Ya Bro, No Need To Freak, They Will Be Ok, Are All The Bigger Leave's Like This?,,

#19 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:29 PM

Hey guy's for the last three days now I have begun seeing all of these brownish orange tiny spots that cover a few of the upper fan leaves.

just the top leaves so far he says

#20 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

Ok guy's some pix are coming. I dont know if they will show much but they are the best I could do I dont know this camera very well. Well I could not get the right pic no matter what and unfortunately when I was twisting the fan leaf around to get a pic of the backside it snapped off like a twig! Did I just ruin this thing?????????????????????? Please tell me I didnt. Well maybe it sacrificed for a bit of a better shot for you guys. The leaf seemed awful dry almost crisp and it had just been fed two days ago??? The stem was dry and hollow???? Please forgive the poor pics.
Thank You and Peace My Friends,
Med

Attached Files

#21 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

Please don't worry too much MC...these things happen often...and they usually get figured out or at least don't become major issues...relax for now and let others worry...just give them the info they need to help you.

#22 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:36 PM

One more thought MC

you are using shultz bloom and epsom salts...so no nitrogen at all right?
so one more guess is a simple lack of nitrogen....is there any nitrogen in the soil? was it slow release nutes in a potting soil? the nitrogen could be used up
how far are you into flower? doen't look like the normal die back of fan leaves durring flower to me

I am 5 weeks into flowering now and I am pretty sure the Schults Bloom Plus does still have Nitrogen in it. It is lower though for flowering.
Thanks again

#23 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:38 PM

Ok guy's some pix are coming. I dont know if they will show much but they are the best I could do I dont know this camera very well. Well I could not get the right pic no matter what and unfortunately when I was twisting the fan leaf around to get a pic of the backside it snapped off like a twig! Did I just ruin this thing?????????????????????? Please tell me I didnt. Well maybe it sacrificed for a bit of a better shot for you guys. The leaf seemed awful dry almost crisp and it had just been fed two days ago??? The stem was dry and hollow???? Please forgive the poor pics.
Thank You and Peace My Friends,
Med

I guess light bleaching is also a possibility...all you would have to do is back the lights off a bit
maybe it is an asymptomatic normal nitrogen removal...as plants flower they take nitrogen from the fan leaves and use it for other stuff...normally the bottom leaves yellow evenly and it works its way up...so not to confident about that one.

#24 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:40 PM

Ya Bro, No Need To Freak, They Will Be Ok, Are All The Bigger Leave's Like This?,,

No just on these 2 plants and it is only the top fan leaves that seem to be getting affected. It is progressing though. Could flushing perhaps be a solution and if so what do you reccommend on a flush routine?
The other two plants are doing fine and thriving.
Thanks For the help
Med

#25 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:40 PM

Please don't worry too much MC...these things happen often...and they usually get figured out or at least don't become major issues...relax for now and let others worry...just give them the info they need to help you.

lol, scott is so right, remember that this is a weed we're talking about, you
should see some of the abuse i've put my plants through!
  • CoNtRoVeRsIaL likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users