34 replies to this topic

#1 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

When you just begin growing for the first time it can seem so overwhelming. There are so many new words and concepts, so many decisions to make, and some big differences of opinion on how best to go about all this. You can count on us at GP to help of course. But be aware, growing great MJ is a skill and art that most of our members take quite seriously. If you post too many questions that seem unclear or show a kind of scattered approach, you may be asked to do your homework be for asking any more questions. Homework you say? Who knew?
It is true you will have to put in some time learning in order to ask questions that will be helpful to you and will get helpful responses. But that time will be well rewarded as you progress If you are told to do your homework here are some of the posts that you will find helpful in learning enough to ask questions that get respect and answers you can use. If you give most of these your honest effort…you have done your homework

Top 10 Marijuana Growing Tips
Growing for dummies
stealth grow closet
Incorporating SAFETY into your Grow Room Design
Picking your location
outdoor grow guide
a simple organic recipe that works well
Hydro University
Basic Grow info from start to finish
CFL Tutorial
Trichomes & Highs and Harvest
Trimming and drying your buds.
Drugs-Forum - Cannabis cultivation: Overgrow's GrowFAQ
GreenPassion FAQ

Now of course we don’t expect you to master all this material before asking grow questions….but we think it would be to your advantage to take some time and visit all of these and try to really dig in on a few. These are not necessarily the best or only posts for beginners, but they are a nice selection to get you started friend! Don’t get overwhelmed, just be willing to be confused a bit in the beginning….with a bit of research, trial and error, and GP community support…anyone can grow great mj for medical or recreational use!

Edited by pine boy, 16 May 2009 - 01:08 PM.

• bigmomma, Lacy, justanotherbozo and 23 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 chuckd420

chuckd420

HIGH 4 LIFE

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

The search function on this site easily helps us noobs locate the information if it's here. I always do a search first to see if someone has answered my question on a different post, then if I don't find what I'm lookin' for before I start a new thread.

Edited by chuckd420, 16 May 2009 - 01:05 PM.

• Bass Ackwards, hillbilly and like this

#3 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:43 AM

that is a good plan!

#4 Guest_alldayeducation_*

Guest_alldayeducation_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:07 PM

i take it this thread refers to noobs like mehhh.. weeeee

#5 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:11 PM

One other function to include on all tutorials, for those newbs that have not done it before, is the TAGS function. This is located at the bottom of all pages and can be added to, to help others.

For instance: You write a tutorial on cloning, then before posting you add tags to help the search function such as clone, cloning, clones, root hormone, light, fans, and whatever others you can think of. This aids the search function of the site to pull up this info in future searches.

Great post Scott. Wonderful way to aid future newcomers.

Peace
  • scott06, Richard Owl Mirror, Bass Ackwards and 4 others like this

#6 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:32 PM

i take it this thread refers to noobs like mehhh.. weeeee

Don't take it personal alldayed.....we all start as beginers....and plenty of folks need direction getting started. :passit:
  • jangel, Bass Ackwards and smileyO like this

#7 Guest_alldayeducation_*

Guest_alldayeducation_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

lol im not i was just saying im a newbi ,,an im always eger to learn new things and im glad theres ppl on the net willing to teach me

#8 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:36 PM

Hey the first few months I just lurked on MANY sites and learned. It was like taking a university course! You need to study and read about it, just like learning any other discipline. Peace
  • smileyO and sandbreak like this

#9 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:53 PM

and before you know it you will be teaching as well as learning!
  • jangel likes this

#10 HookerRoad

HookerRoad

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

I remember back in the 70's when we would take some seeds from the bag o weed we bought and throw them in the ground. Water 'em and wait for the buds. I long for those simplistic days. Everything today is so scientific I can't keep up with it, "2 parts this, 1 part that... trichomes, propogation, clones, hemorphrodite, PPM, LSTing, SOG.... gosh... it goes on and on and on. I'm getting stressed just thinking about it. I think I'm going to smoke a joint now so I can relax and reminisce. Peace
  • jangel likes this

#11 Richard Owl Mirror

Richard Owl Mirror

Teaching to grow

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:35 PM

I remember back in the 70's when we would take some seeds from the bag o weed we bought and throw them in the ground. Water 'em and wait for the buds. I long for those simplistic days. Everything today is so scientific I can't keep up with it, "2 parts this, 1 part that... trichomes, propogation, clones, hemorphrodite, PPM, LSTing, SOG.... gosh... it goes on and on and on. I'm getting stressed just thinking about it. I think I'm going to smoke a joint now so I can relax and reminisce.

Peace

LOL .. a kindred spirit ! Hysterical

I remember waybackwhen, my brother in law had a plant that just sprouted outside a window in the backyard. It eventually reached a height where you could reach out the second story window and hold the buds in your hand :passit:

This was in the inner city of Detroit and, my brother in laws father was a Detroit detective. Barbeque's at his house were always interesting.
My parents (and I) lived directly across the street, so family parties were the norm.

I long for those simplistic days.

Posted Image

#12 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

I had a number of bag seed outside grow attempts in the 70's....never got one to bud....just leaves....we smoked 'em though and not sure if it was a placebo effect but we felt high. Also had a few grow in the yard underneath the bathroom window....my brother or dad must have tossed a partially smoked jay out.....no budz on those either...just the cops asking "ok who is the gardener?"....they were cool though...they just had us rip them down and left us alone.
  • jangel and Bass Ackwards like this

#13 HookerRoad

HookerRoad

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:04 PM

I had a number of bag seed outside grow attempts in the 70's....never got one to bud....just leaves....we smoked 'em though and not sure if it was a placebo effect but we felt high.

Also had a few grow in the yard underneath the bathroom window....my brother or dad must have tossed a partially smoked jay out.....no budz on those either...just the cops asking "ok who is the gardener?"....they were cool though...they just had us rip them down and left us alone.

Isn't that something how the cops nowadays get all serious and stuff over a plant or two growing in the garden.

#14 fightdiseases

fightdiseases

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

I am looking for the video section on the site and can't find anything..hmmmmmm...any help on this would be great.....inpaticulair would be the bible video, I read it's on here but haven't found it yet ;(

#15 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:35 PM

I am looking for the video section on the site and can't find anything..hmmmmmm...any help on this would be great.....inpaticulair would be the bible video, I read it's on here but haven't found it yet ;(

here ya go man.

MM Videos - GreenPassion.org - Dedicated to Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation and Education.

https://www.greenpas...38-grow-videos/

#16 fightdiseases

fightdiseases

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:38 PM

tyvm for the fast response...:)....the oil videos are of great help too :wink:
  • justanotherbozo likes this

#17 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:48 PM

tyvm for the fast response...:)....the oil videos are of great help too :wink:

you're welcome man, that's why i get the big bucks! ...lol, yeah, ...right, lol.

i like paying it forward, if we all do that then there will always be someone here
for the newcomers yet to come.

#18 Bass Ackwards

Bass Ackwards

GuerillaGoinIndoors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

I remember back in the 70's when we would take some seeds from the bag o weed we bought and throw them in the ground. Water 'em and wait for the buds. I long for those simplistic days. Everything today is so scientific I can't keep up with it, "2 parts this, 1 part that... trichomes, propogation, clones, hemorphrodite, PPM, LSTing, SOG.... gosh... it goes on and on and on. I'm getting stressed just thinking about it. I think I'm going to smoke a joint now so I can relax and reminisce.

Peace

K.I.S.S KEEP.IT.SIMPLE.STUPID. I say that to myself daily,keeps me humble and teachable.LOVE.:)
  • justanotherbozo likes this

#19 Richard Owl Mirror

Richard Owl Mirror

Teaching to grow

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:59 PM

throw them in the ground. Water 'em and wait for the buds.

It really is just that simple ;>}

Attached Files

#20 outcast21

outcast21

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:49 PM

hey yall I know I messed up and bought the wrong stuff, and cant take it back,so i was wondering is there any thing i can add to this soil to make it work, i only bought a small bag, thanks yall.peace Attached File  soil.jpg   8.09KB   20 downloads

#21 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:55 PM

hey yall I know I messed up and bought the wrong stuff, and cant take it back,so i was wondering is there any thing i can add to this soil to make it work, i only bought a small bag, thanks yall.peace [ATTACH]34050[/ATTACH]

You need to post this in a different thread, outcast. It will get more attention on it's own.

Yes, that will work, but you need to add perlite to it. 40% tomake it the best for the plant.

Peace

#22 Guest_420Barista_*

Guest_420Barista_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:41 AM

When you just begin growing for the first time it can seem so overwhelming. There are so many new words and concepts, so many decisions to make, and some big differences of opinion on how best to go about all this. You can count on us at GP to help of course. But be aware, growing great MJ is a skill and art that most of our members take quite seriously. If you post too many questions that seem unclear or show a kind of scattered approach, you may be asked to do your homework be for asking any more questions. Homework you say? Who knew?
It is true you will have to put in some time learning in order to ask questions that will be helpful to you and will get helpful responses. But that time will be well rewarded as you progress If you are told to do your homework here are some of the posts that you will find helpful in learning enough to ask questions that get respect and answers you can use. If you give most of these your honest effort…you have done your homework

Top 10 Marijuana Growing Tips
Growing for dummies
stealth grow closet
Incorporating SAFETY into your Grow Room Design
Picking your location
outdoor grow guide
a simple organic recipe that works well
Hydro University
Basic Grow info from start to finish
CFL Tutorial
Trichomes & Highs and Harvest
Trimming and drying your buds.
Drugs-Forum - Cannabis cultivation: Overgrow's GrowFAQ
GreenPassion FAQ

Now of course we don’t expect you to master all this material before asking grow questions….but we think it would be to your advantage to take some time and visit all of these and try to really dig in on a few. These are not necessarily the best or only posts for beginners, but they are a nice selection to get you started friend! Don’t get overwhelmed, just be willing to be confused a bit in the beginning….with a bit of research, trial and error, and GP community support…anyone can grow great mj for medical or recreational use!

Help!!!!!
The Links From The Initial Post need to be relinked I believe due to the change of serverhelpgif

#23 enjoythetimespent

enjoythetimespent

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:46 AM

Good info for everybody, even vets can get lazy SO STICK TO YOUR GUNS! :fly:

#24 smileyO

smileyO

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

Can anyone help me. Im new and Im trying my first couple plants. This one ic a clone i got at the shop like a week ago. I planted it right away in a tiny like 4" pot in mircle grow moisture control soil and watered it once. Then it started with these purplish stems and light green leaves. The plant is northern lights. Since then I have started to read more and decided to trans plant to 2 gal pot in fox farms soil. I then watered with water ph 6 or 6.2. Can some one help me. Also my lighting is 18/6 w 3 of the 42 watt cfl's. They are in my room closet right now with a fan blowing a slight breeze. This week i plan to build the grow closet shown here on the DIY. Anyways can someone help me? Please. Or tell me where to post for help? Im trying to post a couple pics but says to enter URL of where photo located?? i dont understand
  • Bueller likes this

#25 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6448 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

Hello cwillis1, Ok how big are the clones and what did the roots look like.The mircle grow soil is good for vegetables not to good for MJ. What FF soil did you get?Ph the water to 6.8 it's to low.What nutr are you feeding them? Peace
  • Bueller and smileyO like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users